Sutherland Presses is seeking to grow our global network of Certified I-Press Specialists. I-PRESS represents the leading edge of control systems for mechanical, hydraulic, and forge presses. With a software-based platform, and an emphasis on connectivity and user-friendly operation, I-PRESS is already transforming the metal forming industry. I-PRESS comes standard with every new Sutherland press, and will soon be available to retrofit onto presses from other manufacturers.
To a Sutherland Certified Press Technician, you must complete a rigorous training and evaluation program designed with equal attention to both technical knowledge and service skills. We believe that effective communication and courteous service are just as important as knowing the control system inside and out.
Sutherland Presses has customers all over the world, so this position is open to any qualified technician in any country.
- Perform service projects for Sutherland customers, specifically for the I-PRESS control system, including new installs, retrofits, troubleshooting, and repairs.
- Competitively quote new projects for Sutherland in a timely manner.
- Work with the Sutherland team to evaluate service jobs and identify challenges and opportunities.
- Conduct all visits and communications with professionalism and courtesy, representing the Sutherland brand with passion and positivity.
- Arrive on-time for service visits, wearing the provided Sutherland Technician attire.
- Train customer personnel on all aspects of the I-PRESS control, including operation, setup, and maintenance.
- Capture service project information using Sutherland’s digital forms (InspectAll).
- Submit all reports within 24 hours of job completion
- Collect information on customer needs, concerns, questions, new staff members, and any upcoming press or service needs.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 2 years of experience in industrial service
- Prior experience with mechanical, hydraulic, and/or forge presses is a plus
- Experience working with Allen Bradley and/or Omron control platforms is a plus
- A great attitude, a can-do spirit, and excellent people skills
- Professional demeanor
- Availability on short notice is a plus
- Willing and able to travel as necessary with all required rools